Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oh, hey blogtown.

I've finally decided to start a blog. It's been a long time coming. Yet I can't believe it took me so long. Me, standing out on the technology highway with my thumb sticking out, waiting to be picked up by the blog bandwagon. Don't get me wrong- I am a writer. I have journals stacked up in all four corners of my old room at my parents house. My favorite time at school wasn't recess, it was "writing workshop." Kids picked a corner of the classroom to sit down and write stories. After you had 5 "drafts", an aide would publish one of the books by creating a cover for it, helping you type it on the computer and then you got to illustrate your own book. At the end of the month, each child who had a published book ready would read it to the class in a giant white rocking chair...ahh, those were the days.

The days when pure joy was reading a 10 page story to your classmates about a unicorn named Betty who had a best friend named James. James the Peach (Thanks Roald Dahl) and they picked flowers and built a tree house together. And Grammy Unicorn made them special non-threatening cookies that a fruit could eat.

hazelnuts in their shell before harvest.
This kind of imagination can only be that of a small child growing up on a 400 acre hazelnut ( or filberts) farm. No Internet, cell phone. Hell, we didn't have caller-ID until I was 15! Hence the ridiculous unicorn/peach stories. I am the oldest of three sisters. My paternal grandparents lived up the hill from me and my maternal grandparents lived 10 minutes away.

view from my front deck


We had no neighbors and my driveway was a mile long. We still have dial up Internet and no cable TV. No, I didn't walk to school in the snow, uphill, both ways....but it was pretty damn close. So you can see why filberts (or hazelnuts) are close to my heart.** You can see why hazelnuts would be in my blog title.

And Cardamom?


Cardamom is my favorite spice in the whole world. It makes everything delicious. Cookies, bread, cinnamon rolls, pie, and especially waffles. Norwegian sour cream waffles with cardamom and fresh jam is pretty much the most delicious meal ever.

So we'll see how blogtown treats me.


**Hazelnuts are high in heart-healthy oils and proteins. Each nut is encased in a flavorful, thin skin that is extremely high in antioxidants. They should be close to everyone's heart! Haha, nut joke.

1 comment:

  1. The worst time has passed”However, it is true that there are more improvements than before...because of the rising numbers of people living with HIV in the state of Nevada. How could they stigmatize all of them? Therefore everything becomes a little easier and we start to share everything... We also started to invite and visit each other in a community. You know, it is six years since I started taking antiretroviral drugs...Yet whatever problems I face, the worst time has passedWhen I was evicted from the family home by my mother, my father rented a small room for me. But my mother and brothers believed that having HIV was my own fault – and that I deserved to be punished...I also considered myself unworthy and without hope... But I have a child and eventually I convinced myself to live for my child’s sake.
    My mother knew nothing [about HIV]. She didn’t understand anything. Do you know why? She didn’t have [the chance] to go out of the house and communicate with society. However, my father does interact with the community. I know his friends are mature and dignified africa america. So he has a better understanding than her.My father came call me on a sadfull day sitting on my couch about a friend of his from africa who introduce him to Dr Itua herbal  cure in africa in which he advise we should purchase his herbal medicine to cure my hiv so we did and Dr Itua prescribed I should drink the herbal medicine for two weeks to cure although we were so curious about the whole thing ,I finished the herbal medicine like he advised then he talked to me to visit my nearest clinic for check up I did and now I'm totally cured from Hiv my father was my rock and I and my family are now happy together also Dr Itua has be helpful in my community ever since he cure my Hiv so why I'm leaving  my story on here today is to reach out someone out here to hope on God and never give up no matter the situation you that you are facing especially through this pandemic seasons which has really taught us all on how we should be helpful to each other and cherish one another.Dr Itua cures the following diseases.....  Herpes,Liver cancer,Throat cancerLeukemia.,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Bladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Thyroid Cancer.You can contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  Or Whats-App Chat : +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete