Thursday, October 7, 2010

Oh. Emma. Glee.

My love for musical numbers, underdogs and high school peppiness has always been tried and true. So when a television show combined all of my nerd love like Glee did, I was hooked. Just like the rest of the world. I was a version of Rachel Berry. I played volleyball, basketball and track, wrote for the school newspaper, was a freshman class treasurer, ASB publicity manager, senior representative, Quill & Scroll vice president, Valentine’s queen, prom princess and showed up to every football game decked out from head to toe in Maroon & Gold. Go Tigers. I wish I could have been part of a glee club but we didn’t have one and I can’t sing for shit. C'est La Vie!

But now that I’ve matured (umm, yeah) and I pour myself a glass of wine and get ready to enjoy all things Glee, I have found myself eagerly waiting to watch not Rachel, but the fabulous Emma Pillsbury (Jayma Mays). And what I’m really interested in is Ms. Pillsbury’s clothes. Emma’s wardrobe is what mine aspires to be. Poking around blogtown this afternoon I found this gemstone: What Would Emma Pillsbury Wear? Oh happy day!  This wonderful blog breaks down Emma’s outfits and not only tells you what she’s wearing but where you can get her clothing.


My clothing style has always been a little eccentric. In high school my favorite outfit was a choice between red converse sneakers with Strawberry Shortcake laces, tan cords and a bright blue little league t-shirt I got at St. Vincent DePaul’s and a pair of American Eagle jeans that had holes in the butt that I was constantly re-patching (mother HATED those jeans), a turquoise top and a brown and pink cardigan from Urban Outfitters.

I’d like to think I’ve evolved. I still love cardigans and old lady jewelry (big earrings, statement necklaces, sparkly sweater pins, etc.) but I no longer look like a poor blind girl dressing herself in the dark. Emma and I are kindred spirits; red hair, pale skin and cardigans. So thank you Danielle and Teresa for creating a look book (and links to where I will be spending all of my paychecks!)


Had a minor freak-out moment when I saw that Emma and I own the SAME cardigan!


**A note to Ryan Murphy: Please, please, please devote an episode of Glee to Gene Kelly. It would be amazing beyond words.**

No comments:

Post a Comment